Friday, September 25, 2009

A Life Well Done




Hello Everyone,

With the imminent release of my second book, Well Done - A Story of Applied Spirituality, it is irony that a dear friend whose life was indeed, well done, has passed away.

This post is in tribute to my friend, Jack Caldwell and soul mate, love of his life, and wife, Doreen.

Jack was my neighbor in Descanso. He has been wrestling with Parkinson's for quite a few years. In the two years previous to my moving to Ohio, I became close friends with the Caldwells. I would go over and do energy work on Jack and Doreen, but what I got in return was a deep and abiding friendship and the privilege of being in the company of a couple whose marriage I truly admired.

Never did I hear a cross or demeaning word exchanged between them. Neither did one talk about the other behind his/her back. There was no sniping, sniffling or self pity. These two took the progression of Parkinson's in stride, each one adjusting along the way. Jack to increasing confinement and inability to communicate his brilliant mind and thoughts, and Doreen with her increasing responsibilities for his physical care and all the home, financial and business duties. Never did either one of them utter any words of regret or self pity. They fully enjoyed that they were together and appreciated that fully.

The last time I saw either of them was at my farewell party which was hosted in their home so Jack could be there. With all that Doreen had on her plate, it was "no trouble" for her to host 60+ people to say good bye to me. I remember hugging Jack on that last day, knowing I would never see him again in the physical.

But I left him with my vision of Jack: "Jack," I would say to him as I worked on him, "I see you standing on a Scottish Highland in your kilt, playing your bagpipes. You're hair's blowing and so is your kilt. You have a radiant glow on your face, because you're free and happy and well."

Jack died on Wednesday, 9.22.09. That night I heard him playing his bagpipes in my ear. He is home, well, and happy. Although I confess a great sadness that I can't give him a squnch.

Jack and Doreen emigrated from Scotland to America in the 1970's. They were a young couple and his trade was glass. They built a life, a family and a business here in America, in San Diego.

Life goes on, both here in the physical and in the nonphysical. But what a great adventure you had here, Jack! Well Done, indeed. Your life was an occasion, and you rose to it!

Thanks for reading!

Kath

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

As Featured On Ezine Articles

Sign Up Now for the Applied Spirituality NewsLetter. You will get practical tools, tips and techniques that - when applied -  will change your life!
Aren't you ready for all the good stuff ?

Email:
    follow me on Twitter



    I Heart AWeber.com

    Do you love email marketing?